Primary Role. The role of the Network Services Technician (NST) is to provide general, technical and administrative support to both pupils and staff and assist in the maintenance of the school’s network services under the guidance/instruction of other senior members of the Network Services and ICT departments. This is a full-time appointment in both term time and school holidays.
Line Manager.The Line Manager for the NST is the Network Services Manager (NSM). The NSM will provide day-to-day direction for the NST and act as his/her mentor.
Job Description Overview
- Maintain, clean, move, and rewire computer workstations and other ICT equipment.
- Answer support calls/emails, provide first-line troubleshooting and support, and escalate unresolved issues as needed.
- Manage user accounts: add/delete users, manage access rights and password control within agreed security parameters.
- Monitor and manage stocks of spares/materials, ensuring orderly, safe, and secure storage, and assist with disposal of redundant equipment.
- Replace peripheral consumables as directed.
- Provide printer troubleshooting.
- Undertake clerical/administrative duties for the department and maintain records.
- Contribute to the school’s overall aims and targets, appreciate and support the roles of other members, and participate in relevant meetings.
- May occasionally need to perform other duties to support the school’s aims as required by DNS or Bursar.
Additional Responsibilities (Subject to experience):
- Assist academic staff with ICT preparation for lessons.
- Carry out ICT training for staff.
- Undertake routine hardware replacement and software upgrades.
- Audit ICT equipment.
- Procure new IT equipment.
- Participate in further training and development activities.
Essential Qualifications and Qualities:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, with evidence of continuing tertiary education or professional development.
- Enthusiastic and positive interest in computing and technology.
- Methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Committed to working collaboratively and supportively within a team.
- Able to demonstrate determination in resolving problems and engaging colleagues in finding solutions.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Seeks continuous improvement and learning.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Confident and driven.
- Maintains a sense of humour under pressure.
Desirable Qualifications and Qualities:
- Educated to A level or equivalent, with evidence of further professional development.
- Previous experience in a support role within an organisation, ideally an education environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Interest/experience in e-safety and understanding of social media platforms.
- Initiative to identify potential areas of work and take ownership of them.
- Ability to organise workload efficiently, prioritizing tasks according to assigned priorities.
- Experience of administrating and/installing a variety of technologies and systems typically seen organisation IT infrastructures and platforms.
Interested in Applying for this role? Next Steps….
We ask all candidates to complete an application form for this role.
|Click here to download and complete the application Form
Once you have completed the application form, please click the “Apply for Job” button below to submit it along with any other documents we have requested for this role.
Please click below for general information about job applications:
- Application and Recruitment Process Explanatory Note
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
For further information, please contact Mrs Nic MacRobbie at: +44 (0)1344 296710, email@example.com