The Chapel at St Mary’s is found at the centre of the school both physically and spiritually. It is always open for quiet prayer and it is also the place where we collectively express our Christian faith in Catholic worship.
It was built in 1885 and funded by Cecilia Marshall, and the First Mass was celebrated there on 2nd July 1896. The Chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of Humility and St Cecilia.
The beautiful wooden Reredos is a replica of the one in the cathedral of Eichstatt and was brought to Ascot in 1897.
The Chapel was consecrated by Bishop Cahill in 1906.
In 1971/2 the Chapel underwent some renovation work and remains the place that the girls and staff meet every day to worship.